Below is a feed containing all recent news. For more specific news sections, use the links on the left.
The following 2 merit badge opportunities are available for scouts that have an interest in Aviation and Law:
Law Merit Badge (note Scout must be a high school student) - November 8, 2014. Link:
Youth Aviation Adventure Day - Saturday, October 11 at the Agua Dulce Airport. Ages 12-18. Register by Sept 30, 2014. Limited to 65 scouts.
The curriculum is based on the requirements for earning the Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge. Local pilots and aviation professionals will share their knowledge in an effort to promote future careers with ties to aviation. The participants spend about 20-30 minutes at each of several stations featuring actual aircraft and instructional materials where they take part in hands-on discussion about airplane preflight check, airport operations, helicopters, aerodynamics, engines, instrument panels, and more. 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Cost of the program is $7.00 per participant. Lunch and after-program refreshments are included in the program. Lunch will be available for parents, guardians, and Scout Masters for $5.00.
All participants must pre-register by contacting Don Ellison at 661-803-2236 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrols are assigned to mow the lawn and do the clean-up required at our meeting place, St. Andrews Lutheran Church. Patrol Leaders, it is your responsibility to call your patrol, get the key, and make sure the work gets done. Contact the SPL for more information.
The schedule is shown below.
- 9/27/14 - Alligators - Theodore S.
- 10/04/14 - Sharks - Jeremiah D.
- 10/11/14 - Owls - Mathew S.
- 10/25/14 - Falcons - Reiss B.
- 11/01/14 - Rattlesnakes - Gus M.
- 11/08/14 - Alligators - Theodore S.
- 11/22/14 - Sharks - Jeremiah D.
- 11/29/14 - Owls - Mathew S.
- 12/06/14 - ALL - Garden Cleanup Day
- 12/13/14 - Falcons - Reiss B.
- 12/20/14 - Rattlesnakes - Gus M.
- 12/27/14 - Alligators - Theodore S.
- 01/03/15 - Sharks - Jeremiah D.
- 01/10/15 - Owls - Mathew S.
- 01/17/15 - Falcons - Reiss B.
- 01/24/15 - Rattlesnakes - Gus M.